Tax credit scholarships are available to Illinois children, in grades K-12, from low-income and working class households who want to attend private schools, including St. Raymond School. We wanted to inform you of upcoming January dates to apply. The Archdiocese of Chicago works with two scholarship granting organizations (SGO) that distribute the scholarships which include Empower Illinois (EI) and Big Shoulders Fund.
Visit empowerIllinois.org to access the reservation form and begin your application. It is a two-step process.
- STEP 1: On Wednesday, January 15, the scholarship reservation form will be available at 6:30 PM, to give families time to enter their information before submission at 7:00 PM. Only after clicking submit on page two will you receive your first come, first-served timestamp.
- STEP 2: On Friday, January 17, you will be notified by email when part two of the application opens. You can complete this step whenever you are able to ensure accuracy, but we encourage you to submit your application before January 27 for the best chance at receiving a scholarship.
Please see the attached for more details about Empower Illinois:
Big Shoulders Fund Key Dates
The Big Shoulders Fund application will be a two-step process this year. Visit bigshouldersfund.org.
- STEP 1: On Tuesday, January 14th at 8:00 AM, applicants will complete the online application with all household and student information and receive their date-time stamp.
- STEP 2: After January 14th, Big Shoulders Fund will reach out to a limited number of applicants, via email, requesting applicants to complete step-two of the process by submitting documentation to verify income and residence. Due to limited funding for this program, not all applicants will be asked to complete step-two.
Please see the attached for more information on the Big Shoulders Fund:Big Shoulders Fund Information.
There are information sessions on the following dates:
- Tuesday, December 17; Tuesday, January 7; and Thursday, January 9 at 12:00 PM for our Tax Credit Scholarship Facebook Live Q&A.
- Thursday, January 9 at Holy Trinity High School, De La Salle High School, or Marist High School from 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM for an information session.
The Archdiocese of Chicago has team members available to assist you with the tax credit scholarship application process. To learn more, please visit archchicago.org/tcs or contact the archdiocese at email@example.com or 312.534.5321.